Thursday, December 30, 2010

Piles of Junk...

Some time this past summer, Jose told me that one of the local resorts was getting rid of an old commercial stove from their restaurant. When I went to look, it was in pretty rough shape.  It was cheap enough that I decided to take the risk we could do something with it. The piles of junk you see below are after Jose had "dismantled" it... I didn't get back to the shop quick enough for a really good "before" photo!





It took a lot of time and effort to rejuvenate this very well made Garland commercial stove, but the end result made it all worth it!  No, we don't (and won't) run a restaurant, but we have always wanted one of these and now it's in our palapa kitchen.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Drew, I am your latest follower. Great blog, I look forward to reading more post. We too plan on moving to Belize by the end of this year.

P.S. I love The Singing Anesthesiologists, that is too funny.

Debra
http://www.takingbelize.blogspot.com