Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I wonder How Many Cameras There Are In Placencia Right Now?

Once in a while someone asks "what camera do you use"? I used to always have to give a complicated answer. When it comes to photography, Barnacle Bill I'm not. I do have a very nice Nikon D80 DSLR and several lenses and I use that camera about 20% of the time. Until recently I mostly used the camera that was always with me... on my belt. A several year old Canon Powershot SD1000 Digital Elph 7.1 megapixel. If you can still find one... it's an excellent camera. 

My point to this "ramble" is the "always with me" part of the equation... a camera small enough to always be there on my belt or in my pocket. Sometimes I feel sort of like an old west "gunslinger" with the weapon always at the ready in the holster. But that's the point (and shoot) isn't it... quick reflexes for all those frames you saw and should shoot!

I'm not the least bit embarrassed to say I mostly don't have time to think about all the settings and just keep the camera on "auto" and let it do its' thing. Last December, David Pogue in the New York Times wrote a "love letter" to a camera... the Canon S95. Funny post... but I think he's mostly accurate. I do sometimes keep the flash from popping up because of holding my finger over it! But then again that's the point with the large sensor... not needing the flash most of the time. So this is my new point and shoot, always on my belt... and it takes the vast majority of the photos you see on this blog and in my Flickr and Picasa Web Albums.
See the new review of the Canon S100 by Ken Rockwell to decide which one to buy.






Thanks to © 2010 KenRockwell.com. All rights reserved

No comments: